Getting a promotion in some businesses, whether it be as a consultant giving business advice to clients or as a property manager managing clients’ property – it takes a great deal of effort and sometimes a younger person seems to sail effortlessly over you, leaving you feeling somewhat unappreciated – and you may even worry about becoming redundant due to your age. Botox injections can remove wrinkles and make you look younger. For men, they reduce sweating, which can easily have a negative effect on your corporate image.
Here are some more tips to ensure the next promotion is more likely to be yours.
- Always dress well and appropriately. This may mean upgrading your wardrobe on a regular basis to ensure you are not dressing in an old-fashioned way without realising it. Choosing good quality clothing is also important. You may find a $5 top on a special, but it won’t look very special after the first wash. Every businesswoman and man should wear clothes that are of good quality.
- Grooming is an important part of your image. Taking care of yourself will help you to look young and fresh all the time. Applying moisturiser at night will help to keep your skin in good condition so you look younger.
- Grooming also includes hand and nail care – and foot care. If your feet hurt you’ll end up frowning and those wrinkles will eventually stay in position. Besides which, you’ll end up walking like an old person.
- Update your hairstyle regularly. What suited you and was fashionable a few years ago may now be passé. The same goes for cosmetics. Fashions change and so does your skin, so what once worked may not give you the best look right now.
- Dye your hair to hide those early grey hairs; this will help prevent that ageing look.
- Upgrade your work skills by taking extra training, even if you have to do it at home. Technology is changing all the time and you need to keep up with it all in order to be eligible for a promotion.
- Have a proper diet and control your weight. This will ensure your body gets what it needs to remain healthy.
- Avoid or at least reduce alcohol and smoking to stay healthier.
- Sort out any problems at home quickly, so you don’t lose work time over them.
- Always be punctual and don’t take sick days off unless you are sick.
- Be loyal to your company and don’t say anything negative about them on Facebook or to your workmates or friends.
- Don’t post stupid photos of yourself on Facebook; the boss could easily see it.
- If you have a problem at work, get it seen to before it escalates.
- Treat everyone at work with respect and understanding.